Here you can find our seminars, respectively the regular modelling seminar. As always, registration takes place via Moodle, where you can also see the responsible lecturers for each semester. If you have any questions, we are happy to help you!
In the modelling seminar, you will learn about the various application areas of mathematics and model them using simple examples.
Studilöwe: click here
Typ: seminar (2 SWS)
Tonus: every term
Vorkenntnisse: Basic mathematical knowledge is assumed.
Anrechenbar für: SpdWA, SpdWB, K-MAT1
Leistungsnachweis: In order to receive the ECTS, regular participation in the seminar, a presentation and a written paper (approx. 10 pages) are required.
In the modelling seminar, questions in physics, biology, geology, economics, etc. are discussed and mathematics is looked at from a completely new angle: Mathematics is included in many areas of our lives!
In the modelling seminar, participants discuss and solve problems and phenomena in small groups with the help of mathematics, e.g. in the field of medicine the effects and effectiveness of vaccination strategies. The models obtained in the seminar are calibrated using freely available data. They allow an outlook on (possible) future developments and also the influence of parameters on the problem variables. This seminar is equally open to mathematicians, economists, teachers and combined bachelor students.
- M. Lehn, Wie halte ich einen Seminarvortrag, (pdf-file)
- S.P. Jones, How to write a good research paper and give a good research talk
- I. Parberry, How to present a paper in theoretical computer science, Bulletin of the EATCS,(37), 1989.
- S.P. Jones, J. Launchbury, J. Hughes, How to give a good research talk, SIGPLAN Notices 28(11), November 1993.
- G. Aiglstorfer, A short guide for student talks and papers, TU Munich, 2004.
- H. Kraft, Das Verfassen und Präsentieren wissenschaftlicher Arbeiten, TU Munich, 2006.